How Early Experiences Shape Brain Development
From birth to age 5, a child’s brain develops more rapidly than at any other time in life. In this proprietary Think Small Institute course, you’ll explore the impact early experiences have on young children’s development. Gain understanding on how to create positive learning environments that promote healthy brain development and strategies for building positive, culturally responsive relationships. Discover what factors can threaten healthy brain development and what protective factors can support young children and their families.
- Content Area VIII: Principles of Child Development and Learning
- I: Child Development and Learning
As a result of completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how brain development unfolds from birth to five years.
- Discuss the role of early experiences in making connections between areas of the brain.
- Identify strategies to nurture healthy brain development in young children.