Teaching Off Trail
For many children, play has gone away in both their home and school settings, but have we passed the point of no return? Is there a way to connect play, especially nature play, directly to instruction and required learning objectives and standards? Teaching Off Trail eLearning offers strategies to increase opportunities for nature play, creative expression, and personalization not often incorporated into public school settings. Based on the best-selling book published by Redleaf Press, the Teaching Off Trail eLearning delivers opportunities for reflection and offers practical applications to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to confidently build a nature program in any school.
- Content Area II: Steps to advance children’s physical and intellectual development
- II.B: Promoting Cognitive Development
- Model a positive relationship with nature and provides opportunities for children to interact with natural materials and environment.
- Provide opportunities for children to ask questions, find answers and organize information through active exploration
- Facilitate opportunities for children to learn about cause and effect while playing and experimenting with objects.