- For Early Childhood Professionals
- Providing Child Care
- Essentials of Quality Child Care
- Teacher Training
Teacher Training and Education
Research shows that 90 percent of brain development occurs between birth and age 5. Well-prepared, well-trained child care providers have been shown to be more likely to provide the type of nurturing, responsive care children need during these years.*
Source: *The Time, Learning and Afterschool Task Force. A New Day for Learning. 2007.
Think Small can help you increase your skills and knowledge, better preparing you for the important job of getting children ready for school and lifelong learning:
- Think Small offers MN Center for Professional Development approved trainings and trainers. Our training catalog is organized by MN Core Competency Area, so you can easily find trainings in the areas you need. Our trainings can also be used to fulfill the CDA (Child Development Associate) Credential training requirements.
- Professional Development Advising – Do you need help figuring-out your current qualifications in the early care and education field? Are you wondering how you can increase your skills and education? A Professional Development Advisor can help you with these questions, and connect you with training, education, and resources.
If you live in:
- Hennepin County, call: 651-366-6787
- Ramsey or Anoka Counties, call: 651-641-6613
- Carver, Scott, Dakota or Washington counties, call: 651-233-2260
- Minnesota Center for Professional Development (MNCPD) Supporting early childhood and school-age practitioners
- Online Career Guidance Resources
- Recognition for Professional Development
- Individual Training Record and Plan
- Trainer Registry and Support – For more information and to begin tracking your professional growth, click here.
- Minnesota Streams to Quality: MNStreams
Your online connection to Child Care Resource & Referral training, grants and opportunities.