- For Parents and Guardians
- Paying for Childcare
- Pathway 1 Early Learning Scholarships
Pathway 1 Early Learning Scholarships
Families can now apply for the current awarding season.
Children who are currently awarded do not need to apply again. Pathway 1 Early Learning Scholarships can be used at programs that are Parent Aware Rated or currently in a full rating cohort.
Mail or drop off completed applications:
10 Yorkton Court
St. Paul MN 55117
- Think Small awards families who live in Hennepin and Ramsey counties.
- To qualify, a child must be 3 or 4 years old on September 1, 2018, and not yet eligible for kindergarten.
A younger child may be considered if at least one of the following is met:
- The child is the younger sibling of a currently awarded child
- The child is in foster care
- The family has experienced homelessness in the past 24 months
- The parent is under the age of 21 and currently pursuing a high school or general education equivalency diploma (GED).
- Families have an annual gross income no more than 185% of Federal Poverty Guidelines.
| Family Size|| Gross Income|
(Note: For family units of more than 9 members, add $7,992 for each additional member).
- OR currently participates in at least one of the following programs: MFIP, CCAP, Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Program (FRLP), CACFP (by income), Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, SNAP, Head Start, or Foster Care. (Note: applications for children in foster care must be signed and submitted by the agency worker).
Hennepin and Ramsey County residents may use one of the applications below.
Please reference child age and income information mentioned above.
Click below to download additional forms:
Medical Condition Documentation Form
Think Small administers scholarships for Hennepin and Ramsey County residents. For questions, or if you are interested in a scholarship information workshop, please contact us at 651-641-6604 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For scholarship information available in other languages, call 651-665-0150 or 1-866-807-6021
Yog nyob hauv ob lub nroog ntxaib: 651-665-0150
En el área metropolitana, Ilame al: 651-665-0150
Magaalada gudahed wac: 651-665-0150
Tips for submitting an application
- Complete all required areas of the scholarship application. The sections marked with an asterisk (*) are required. All other information is optional.
- • INCLUDE the supporting income documents necessary to prove your family’s income eligibility. Incomplete applications will not be considered for a scholarship.
- Initial all required statements, sign, and date the scholarship application.
- If you live in Hennepin or Ramsey County, mail or bring the completed application with your original ink and attached income documents to:
10 Yorkton Court
St. Paul, MN 55117
- We are unable to award any faxed, emailed, or photocopied applications showing a photocopied signature.
Early Learning Scholarships FAQs
Click here to read some frequently asked questions.
Funding provided by the Minnesota Department of Education using state funding to support administration of early learning scholarships, 124D.165.